“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” Helen Keller
“Practice drives success. Creation thrives on dreamers. Innovation disrupts the market, creating opportunity” Kathryn Burnett, kburnett.net
Reducing risk: how do you increase business resilience? Do you relocate your people to maintain key operations? http://www.news.com.au/national/siege-at-sydneys-lindt-cafe-martin-place-long-identified-as-a-terrorist-target/story-fncynjr2-1227156341960
The recent siege at Martin place, in Sydney’s CBD caused several surrounding businesses to close operations during the siege. They had no option, they evacuated offices as directed by authorities. Some businesses plan to relocate key staff to a safe place far enough away to maintain operations. It really depends on the business, criticality of job function requirements, impact and length of disruption.
Others identified the risk and had a plan, to plan, this is not a plan. A business continuity plan can enable your business to be prepared in a state of readiness, where needed key business operations can continue during a disruption.
Plans may include relocating key staff to alternate sites, closing business operations or the provision to enable remote workers via an alternate location. Having a plan in place, enables you to identify and react in a state of readiness during a disruptive/disastrous event, to protect business revenue streams.
Testing these plans can provide comfort and reduce risk during a disruptive event, where not having a plan can be disastrous.
- Can your business operations recover after an outage?
- Do you know what your maximum acceptable outage is?
- Can put a dollar value against possible loss of revenue, should your business occur a disruption?
- Do you know what your recovery objectives are, so you can restore operations?
It is estimated that the average medium business impact is $84,000 loss revenue per hour!
- Will a disruption occur and how do I plan for this?
- What will be the impact to my business revenue and reputation during a business outage?
Businesses need to be prepared for an emergency, as disruptions small or significant can impact their capabilities to provide crucial businesses services and access critical data. Responding in a panic however in a planned approach, a business could respond in an effective manner, begin to provide access to critical systems and in-time restore non-critical systems to meet planned recovery objectives.
Why do we test our plans? To protect the bottom line, so we can restore operations in a timely manner.
- what are my critical systems, can I recover these in a timely fashion?
- where do my people go?
- how can I keep my people focused on the recovery of operations?
The Sound of Silence
- I don’t have time but I need a plan
- I need help but don’t know who to talk too
Case Study [read here] http://www.enterprisedata.com.au/files/Case_Study_The_Sound_of_Silence.pdf
- When was your last review of the business and your infrastructure?
- Do you have the right systems and processes in place for a rapid recovery?
- Can you meet your recovery time objectives for high risk instances?
- Do you do have routine backups?
- Are you still backing up critical data to tape and can you recover data on time?
- Need a better way to manage your backups?
- Need a place to relocate your people to recover your operations for business continuity?
- Need a place to store your recovery infrastructure at an alternate location offsite or via the cloud that is cost-effective and robust?
What would happen if your telephones go down?
Assess your readiness here
Please complete the form, alternatively call 0410 589 960 / 02 8842 9016:
Casting from my laptop to any TV via HDMI dongle (chromecast) – a whole new way to project to a TV, I am doing this right now – affordable and simple
- With Chromecast, you can project presentations and documents from your PC, perfect for training sessions and meetings. You can share one internet screen or your complete desktop screen.
- Or you can cast from your phone and use it as your personalised remote control. You can use it to search and browse, play, pause, rewind, control the volume.
- While casting, you can use your laptop/tablet/phone for other things when projecting one tab. Others can cast to the TV using their own phone or tablet too – with no additional setup.
You can now capture the entire screen (experimental)
Yoga Tablet 2 has a Hang Mode, surround sound, could be that special present for Christmas
OFFICE 365 Get anywhere access to familiar Office applications,plus professional email, calendar, HD video conferencing, and more.
Collaborate with Office Online: Save documents, spreadsheets, and presentations online, in OneDrive. Share them with others and work together at the same time. We can help you get started.
- Microsoft exchange online – cloud based email, with robust capabilities of a Microsoft exchange server
- Microsoft Lync – communication and collaboration
- Microsoft Sharepoint Online – share documents and work together more efficiently
- Yammer – an enterprise social network that helps organisations boost employee engagement, team collaboration and drive innovation
- Office 365 Not for Profit plans and pricing now available click here
- Office 365 through Microsoft Open Licensing Program
- Add Office 365 to your Telstra bill
via IT Modernisation
Fast track your organisations plans, by your streamlining your efforts for IT modernisation – as you work with key stakeholders, map out your strategy for IT modernisation, provide supportive information that supports your business case to gain financial support.
Establishing a clear blueprint with a clear set of guides, can assist you gain budget approval to transform your IT environment, to gain momentum, get quick rewards that support your IT Business initiatives and long term plan for IT modernisation efforts.
Aruba Networks Leads Industry with First Microsoft Lync Qualified 802.11ac Wi-Fi Solution, read more via Wireless.
Management is easy, with proven site deployments,it can be paired with next generation firewalls and is a secure tight integration.
Manage endpoint security and mobile devices from one unified cloud console
Sophos Cloud, Free Antivirus 30 day trial, Manage endpoint security and mobile devices from one unified cloud console [click here]
Sophos Security – see how the Sophos Cloud works: Windows, Mac and mobile, together at last.